Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Andrea's Master of Fine Arts Show

My girl did it!

MFA-Show_4954
Andrea worked so hard this semester that I rarely heard from her except from seeing her on my caller id at 2am.
Bruce and I went to support and see her work, which was amazing. I love how she was always able to marry excellent design concepts with issues relevant to African American culture.


A project about multicultural children realizing and accepting each other's different hair styles and textures.

MFA-Show_4933
MFA-Show_4931
MFA-Show_4932

I loved this poster project celebrating and natural hair.
MFA-Show_4934

I enjoyed seeing my favorite toughest, most feared instructors.
MFA-Show_4918
Joe Scorsone and Alice Drueding who drilled typography into my head

MFA-Show_4920
Paul Sheriff, who makes Simon Cowell sound like a grade school teacher, but he gets you on track.

MFA-Show_4940
Kelly Holohan with Andrea's dad and Andrea

MFA-Show_4955
With Mom

I'm so glad she made it through, and her work (and the work of her classmates) was inspiring. I can't believe her level of creativity.

1 comment:

Craig said...

Amazing! I gotta go over and give props.