Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Alicia Keyes-The Element of Freedom


Alicia Keyes new album was released today. I haven't got it yet but I plan to this week. I really enjoyed her last CD, and she always (unlike many artists today) has slow songs I can groove with.

Craig (kissmyblackads) didn't like the cover art, and we discussed it a little on his site. I think that the art is fine. It reminds me of the vinyl album covers I have in my basement. They weren't always photographs, they were often illustrated like George Clinton, Earth Wind and Fire, etc and the type was hand rendered. I feel so starved for non-stereotypical images, and so many of our R&B stars are becoming (in appearance) more like rap artists, I'm just glad that she doesn't have a Bentley in the background, or gold grills on her face.

I like the theme that they are using for the singles as well. These will look good in the ipod cover section

No comments: