Tuesday, October 9, 2012

How To Destroy Angels

What a name.

When my friend Carl told me that Mariqueen Maandig Reznor, wife of post-industrial band Nine Inch Nails front man Trent Reznor, started her own band called How to Destroy Angels, which includes the two, plus frequent collaborator Atticus Ross, and Rob Sheridan. I almost didn't want to listen, or like it because:

1. I didn't want to be disappointed by a "wanna-be" riding off of the success of their spouse.
2. I didn't want to become obsessed with anything Nine Inch Nail-related all over again.

Well it looks like I got #2 because her vocals and Trent's production continue the eerie, sensual haunting feeling I get when listening to the movies he scored, like The Social Network and Girl With the Dragon Tattoo.

Plus she is extremely easy on the eyes. Much props Trent!


Carl played the incredibly catchy song Fur Lined from the current self titled ep. This is Keeping it Together, which I play up to 6 times in a row.




Their new ep, An Omen, will be released in a few weeks, November 13th on the group's site How to Destroy Angels. All songs are released for free. Its so good I'd pay for this anyway.


1 comment:

UntrustUs said...

What a fantastic group of people. Cannot wait to hear the EP