Friday, March 7, 2014

Vogue Netherlands - Basquiat Inspired Beauty Shoot

Imagery based on the famous artist Jean-Michel Basquiat, shot by Erwin Olaf, make up done by Topolino.



 I had to familiarize myself with his original work and look at his style and use of color so I could "get it"




The portrait is dead on!! I love it. Some of the other make up jobs could have employed more of his elements and compositions from his paintings. Still, this is great, and the kind of work that will set your portfolio apart from other photogs who might have similar concepts in it. Hell I might shoot myself as Basquiat.

Why does it seem like the European versions of fashion magazines seem to feature more people of color? Which is strange, considering the constant debate over the inclusion of people of color.

Read more about it at Huffington Post

No comments: