Monday, April 11, 2011

Photographer Kareems Black: Life and Work

I have been fan of Kareem Black since I discovered his work in Complex magazine a few years ago. His portraits of celebrities, artists, and regular folk were so effortless and comfortable they seemed as if they were hanging out, rather than being posed.



I was glad to come across this video of him talking about his work, staying inspired by shooting during dry periods, and how the photos he took for fun led to paid jobs. I need this kind of inspiration!

It is amazing to me how a person can do the same thing you do, but achieve a completely different result. I would have never thought of showing my party pics (and why do his shots look like he was in a Heineken/Addidas/Drake video all in one?) I either need to have more fun, or need new friends.

Kareem's "fun photo" based site FeelsGoodLetsGo

Shout out to Brent Morales for the link.

No comments: