Wednesday, September 22, 2010

New Money? The Dollar ReDe$ign Project

United States Federal notes have gone through some changes in my lifetime, larger faces, holograms, bigger numbers, color changing ink, but I didn't think I would see this kind futuristic looking money.



The Dollar ReDe$ign Project is hoping to do just that by obtaining creative submissions from designers all over the country.

The American Dollar has not truly been redesigned since about the 1930s. The Dollar ReDe$ign Project is your opportunity to theoretically 'change' that.

The Dollar ReDe$ign Project hopes to bring about change for everyone. We want to rebrand the US Dollar, rebuild financial confidence and revive our failing economy.


I have honestly never thought about doing this. I don't think the country could handle a Black president and new looking money, lol especially when I think about the seldom used gold dollar and the Susan B. Anthony coins, but it is exciting to see the ideas and concepts. Maybe one day.

Look at the other design submissions here.

No comments: