Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Music: The Internet

When I find new music I like I get so excited!

I everything is so "me-too" on the radio, same producers making the same sounding songs, that when I can hear something new to my ears, it its literally orgasmic.

such a thing happened a few months ago when I was up watching Carson Daly and he featured this group called The Internet, which was an r&b offshoot of the rap collective Odd Future made up of female Syd Tha Kid and Matt Martians. I just knew she was gonna rap, but she started singing and the sound that came out of her mouth I couldn't believe; soft, breathy vocals, plus real instrumentation and production, not just beat making. The sounds are in the vein of N.E.R.D, Dilla, Amel Larrieux,

I haven't been this excited since I found Robert Glasper.

I'm actually on the late bus today because the song I just heard called Give it Time is from 2012. No album for nothin. I love it. You will too.


Read about them and their influences here at stereogum.com

No comments: