Monday, June 23, 2008

Armands Records Closing

Things are rough out here man, especially for the music industry. Its been harder on these mom-pop-non-chain stores. Last month I saw that one of my favorite record stores is closing. Even seeing this sign makes me sad.

armands

I'm sure I'm the only one who is still buying CDs and 12" white labels, especially if I find something I like. I download singles like everyone else, but I enjoy buying an album & having the artwork. I have found so many gems poking around in the crates, and I have listened to the music by the live dj I never would have given the time of day. That was the 1st time I heard an amazing single by Raphael Saddiq, 1st time I heard Mos Def and thought it was The Roots. and too many others to remember.

I'll miss you Armands...

No comments: