Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Beyoncé Jumpstarts the 1950's

I just saw her new video "Why Don't You Love Me" , written by my girl Solange



I know we've already seen elements of this video in Beyoncé and Lady Gaga's extended version of Video Phone, but her play on Bettie Paige and the 50's style looks more at home in this conceptual vid.


They could have styled the typography a little more, made it a little more from that era, but only a few of us are going to complain (or care!) once shes starts dancing, gardening, and being Beyoncé. I love the saturated colors and grainy film look, as well as the old school decor.

When I see Beyoncé styled and looking this good, I want to call out from work, gather as many girls as I can from facebook, and start shooting! You can have Mad Men.

Shout out to The Convention for the Bettie Paige photo.


Directors: MELINA & Bee Z
Executive Producer: Beyoncé for Parkwood Pictures
Producer: Dina Ciccotello
Editor: Clark Eddy
DP: Paul Laufer

No comments: