Tuesday, April 17, 2012

First shoot of 2012- Kate Jacobs + Planning

For the first time, I'm going to document my photo shoot process, from beginning to end. I'm already behind, but that's okay!  Hahaha.

Anyway, I made plans to shoot with Kate Jacobs on Saturday, April 14th at Margot & Camille Optique, an eye wear store. So I asked the owner, Valerie Vittu, a very pleasant and very French lady, if I could come down and case the place, and she agreed. 


Turns out it was a beautifully designed store in Olde City. I took shots of the place because I wasn't sure of the layout, how big it was, how much light there was, and where we would be setting up. 




Visiting answered all of my questions. The place has huge windows to let in plenty of light, so I changed my idea of how I planned on lighting Kate. My original lighting concept was kind of like an eyeglass beauty ad; bright, slightly overexposed, and to shoot her mainly from the collarbone up, but with so much natural light (my favorite) coming in from everywhere, I had to use it. I thought of some editorial style photos I could take, using Kate's stash, and taking some of Valerie's stuff off the shelves. 


I'm glad that I took the time so I didn't have to guess tomorrow.

No comments: