Monday, August 5, 2013

Fake it Till You Make It - Renting A Camera Body

I've been going back and forth all summer (all year, really) about whether I truly need another camera body, if I need to upgrade etc. I got tired of reading the reviews and listening to opinions so I jumped in and rented the Canon 60D that I've had my eye on for some time now.


I felt that it would have been a good step up in quality and features without spending too much money. I originally wanted the 7D but I felt that was too much without the clientele to justify it.


It was unusual having to find the buttons that I knew how to use, but were in a new location. It is larger and heavier than my little Rebel, even the weird, plastic sounding shutter click annoyed me, but what mattered was how it shot.

I got a chance to test it outside of my house as I went to the Blackstar Film Festival in my next post.


No comments: