Saturday, November 17, 2012

Philadelphia RAWartist - RAWards 2012

I went to RawArtists' event RawAwards 2012 on Tuesday. I usually miss them because of the night job. This was the semi finals of fashion designers, make up artists, fine artists, and musicians who, if they win, move on to compete with winners from the other cities.

I rented the Sigma 17-50mm f/2.8 Ex, the other lens I wanted to try, but no one was home to sign for the package!! They couldn't leave it at the door without a signature, so I had to shoot the event with my trusty Sigma 28-105mm, which hasn't been so trusty since it started to give my camera error99 messages randomly. 

I was a impressed by the Tamron image quality, but my ol' faithful sigma reminded me what I get when I use her right.

Leah and Taylor from PrettyPrettyRebel
 
 Designer Orlando Caquias
Model Stormy Jane for Prettyprettyrebel ( I helped this futuristic model find her car after the show. What a surreal experience walking around downtown in this outfit)

After the show I met and complemented the work I liked and introduced myself to some of the models and designers. I always need more subjects (and time!)

Visit RawArtists for showcase events in Philly and in cities around the country.



No comments: