Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Sigma Lens Review

Although I had a great time shooting with it for the past event, I wanted to put together a couple tests for it before I send it back.

I did the focusing test to see if it front focus, trying foreground, middle, and background.


I compared it to my old Sigma 28-105mm. One of the first things I noticed is that it has the same contras. Remember when I used the Tamron 17-50mm last month, instantly it was much brighter than my Sigma, so I could get better exposure with lower settings.

I shot this bottle of Kraken Rum (hey I had to use what was laying around, right?) under natural light, and looked at the detail in the label, blur in the background, and colors.

 
28-105mm

17-50mm
 
Random clutter (not in my house!) 

I didn't have this lens for long, but I love it already. I will make some kind of decision whether I need to pursue the Sigma, which performed very well during my event shooting, or get the Tamron, which was cheaper and performed great during my short shoot.

No comments: