Tuesday, November 20, 2012

ThesePinkLips -Naked Strip Exposed Art Show 2012

The Sigma 17-50mm f/2.8 EX lens from Lens Rentals.com finally came in the mail today, just in time for me to go to the Naked and Exposed Art Show by artist Iris Bonner. She designs custom high heels for fashionable girls and photo shoots. I discovered her work through her many collaborations with photographer Ricky Codio (who does dope work).


I almost let this evening go to waste just because I was tired, but I dragged myself out, and boy was I rewarded with a good time.

The event was held at the American Dreaming Building, home the magazine of the same name and Jasen Hudson photography. The place is located near my old partying grounds, on Front st near Spring Garden.

I expected this to be more of a gallery show, but when I got there it was a party in full swing. Music, drinking, some dancing. I didn't know it was also her birthday.






Iris had huge paintings hanging up that were also testimonials of her work, her life, and beliefs. Plus many beautiful women walking around with her apparel; wearing shoes, hats, shirts, and little else. This was the good part.


I ran into a few faces I knew on facebook, including designer Dah'Mod of RM67, meeting Ricky for the first time in person, and Robin Lynette, make up artist extraordinaire. I talked shop with other photogs about shooting video, the Canon 5D Mark II, and well, the ladies.


Special shout out to Jasen for saving my lens hood, which fell off in the confusion.

Oh yeah, I forgot, the lens! I could certainly tell the difference between this one and my old Sigma. This one quietly and quickly focuses fast as hell. After a few adjustments I was talking shots in dim or flashing lights without hunting. The photos (with flash) seemed evenly exposed on the histogram and LCD screen, but later when I looked at them at home, I was really blown away by the sharpness of this lens. The detail was something I had never seen before!


This lens was dynamite. The detail on her black hat and her hair was incredible. I am so glad that I had it for this evening. So glad I came out!

Check out all the people who I had the pleasure of meeting/knowing...

Jasen Hudson
Ricky Codio.com
Thesepinklips.com
American Dreaming Building
American Dreaming Magazine
Robin Lynette
RM67

No comments: